GroveFest

Last Saturday my sisters, Theresa & Catherine, met up with me to head down to the Forest Park Southeast Neighborhood for the first annual GroveFest. The afternoon started off slowly, milling around kiosks of clothes, jewelry, and artwork. But from there the day took off. Theresa competed in a Grape Smashing contest, which was followed up with a fashion show, and the day's highlight, watching the likes of Josie Stalin and Tornado Allie compete in an Arch Rival Roller Derby Girls match. Theresa has purchased a pair of skates and is considering joining the group. But their intense practice schedule may not allow it, for now she's shooting to become a Jeerleader.
After that, Tommy, Neha, and their crew, followed by sis Ann, Mike and their friends came down to join us as we headed into Novaks. Spent the rest of the night there dancing and putting a few back. Novak's is one of my new favorite bars in town, good music, decent prices, big dance floor, and everyone there is just looking to have a good time.
More Pics from GroveFest
2 Comments:
At 9:56 AM,
Anonymous said…
Great pics ....keep them coming
At 8:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Tucky, I really like your blog! It's funny that you went to Grovefest and Novaks-- I was supposed to go to Grovefest but I had a really bad sinus infection that weekend. Also, I am at Novaks almost every weekend. Too bad we didn't run into each other. Have a great time during your travels, and I will keep checking back!
Post a Comment
<< Home