Further

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Kiva Update

The more people I talk to, the more I feel Microfinancing is about to explode onto the world. There’s an energy and hope behind it backed up by 30 years of field work. Kiva has just reached a high mark, connecting over 1 million dollars from lenders to entrepreneurs in the developing world. The father of Microfinance, Nobel Peace Prize winner, Dr.Muhammad Yunus, will be on Oprah this Monday. Check it out if you can.

Chelsa and Fiona from Kiva with Dr.Yunus at the Microcredit Summit.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Jamiesan said…

    Ted... just got on here after doing a bit of reading at the kotatsu (do you remember the heated table Japanese people use during the winter?) as well as passing out for about ten minutes.

    Just wanted to say you look great, your entries are inspiring, and I'm learning a lot simply by your blog.

    Nice work and Ganbatte! Stoked to read more... take care, ne.

    Oh, by the way, here is what being "blood type A" means in Japan:

    --------------------------------------
    Best Traits: Conservative, introverted, reserved, patient, punctual, and perfectionist.

    --------------------------------------
    Worst Traits: Obsessive, stubborn, self conscious, and uptight.

    --------------------------------------
    Famous As: George H. W. Bush, Ayumi Hamasaki, O. J. Simpson, Britney Spears, Alan Alda, Adolf Hitler, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon

    Jamie

     
  • At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Ted,
    I read your blog a few hours after you had your marathon post. For some reason, I couldn't post a comment at the time, though. It sounds like you are doing tons of work at every stop! I am learning a lot, too.

    Are you going to call on Christmas? Where are you now?
    Love,
    Claire

     

Post a Comment

<< Home