Further

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Thai Cooking

Chiang Mai has become the center of learning how to cook Thai food. Back in 1993, Thailand's international TV chef, Sompon Nabnian, opened the city's first large scale cooking school for visitors and since then many schools have sprung up trying to copy his success. I went with the original and for 5 days I cooked 6 dishes a day, which I then ate up while tasting and comparing with Sompon's and the other students. Thai cooking is hot as hell, I'm not that big on sweating a bath through my meal so I would always cut down on the chili quotient. Another interesting aspect of Thai cooking is preparation takes some time, but is key because most meals are cooked over a piping hot wok and are done in under 5 minutes. So if you're not completely ready when you send your first ingredient in, disaster is sure to follow. Here's Sompon's website if you're interested in a course.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll have to prepare a meal at home. I still remember the British Breakfast you made on my birthday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home